Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

administrative permission / Failed to load

Hello
I get one of three issues every time I run launcher

This is the one I get the most, launcher fails to initialize with following error
1) error message - this application has encountered an unspecified error please try this patch again

2) error message popup - Installation of driver and support components require administrative permission acknowledgement.
Try invoking the client again

once in a great while I will get this error
3 - red border at top saying - the login service is currently unavailable!

does anyone know a solution to these problems?

I am running a mac OSX Mavericks
on a new iMac 27" fully loaded specs (max specs you can buy except ram is 8 gigs)

Same here :(
I also get disconnected from Skype afterwards.

I have just downloaded Crossover 13 trial, installed DX9, IE7 and VC++2008 Runtime. Following that I installed the SWTOR software using the installer downloaded from the SWTOR website. When I run the launcher will run, and allow me to attempt to login, and then display the EULAs for me. Upon acceptance of the EULAs it tries to begin patching/downloading.

I get two errors:
the first is a message box stating that it needs to run with administrative privileged in order to install the patches.
the second is 'unspecified error' displayed in the launcher window, in the area where the status text will appear during the updates.

These seem to be the same issues as reported in the first post of this thread.

My bottle is confirmed to be a winxp bottle, so should not have administrative features.

Can anyone offer any advice?

regards,

Alasdair.

I have the same exact problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This is easy just download http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/Lau...ityP1.76.2.exe and use crossovers and put it in the star wars the old republic bottle and it will run but before u do this use fix launcher from the folder and then run it and it will work thats how i did it

Michael random wrote:

This is easy just download
http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/Lau...ityP1.76.2.exe and use
crossovers and put it in the star wars the old republic bottle and
it will run but before u do this use fix launcher from the folder
and then run it and it will work thats how i did it

Unfortunately that file is no longer available. :( Is there another location it can be had from?

Thx!

EDIT: Whoops, thought you were asking for swtor_fix.exe. Disregard...

To fix this, you must go into the launcher settings and set disable_bitdefender to true.

Mike Frank wrote:

To fix this, you must go into the launcher settings and set
disable_bitdefender to true.

For me, the file was located at ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings. I edited the file through vi in terminal (nano works too, and is a little more user friendly), saved it and the download worked. Thanks for the tip, Mike!

hey I have encountered the same problem.

I go on Terminal opening launcher.settings and all i get is this:

Last login: Tue Feb 3 22:24:34 on ttys000
MBPdiAdsitrator:~ admin$ /Users/admin/Library/Application\ Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star\ Wars\ The\ Old\ Republic/drive_c/Program\ Files/Electronic\ Arts/BioWare/Star\ Wars\ -\ The\ Old\ Republic/launcher.settings ; exit;
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 1: Login:: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 2: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 3: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 4: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 5: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 6: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 7: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 8: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 9: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 10: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 11: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 12: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 13: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 14: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 15: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 16: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 17: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 18: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 19: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 20: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 21: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 22: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 23: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 24: ,: command not found
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 25: ,: command not found
logout

[Process completed]

Please some one help.
TY very much

When you go to open the system file, choose other program and scroll down until you see Text Edit, you can edit the correct section there

I have this same problem. I am not a "computer expert" and require simple instructions on how to get me up and running. Can anyone be patient and help me out. I have a macbook air with Yosemite 10.10.3

OK. Im in the middle of this issue right now and I "think" I might have got it.

Using the info above to get to launcher.settings, open the file with textedit, find the line "bitraider_disable": and change it from false to true close textedit and launch the file, currently it has logged in and is downloading "something" no more admin rights error.....for now

this is how i fixed it

in launch.settings i opened it with text edit

{ "Login": "philmartin"
, "LastProduct": ""
, "downloadRate": "0"
, "language": "en-us"
, "TestServerAccess": "No"
, "SpecHash": "689924334.1820018286,"
, "AutoClose": "NONE"
, "KillKillProc": false
, "LastMode": ""
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_download_complete": { }
, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "bitraider_disable": true
, "PickedEnvironments": "swtor"
}

I'M having the same issues, when i run it with Terminal program , i just get a hugh list of nothing.
Is there another way to get in to make the changes or am i loading wrong? Pls help its been 4 days trying to get
this to work. Wifes gonna kill me .
This is all i get.Last login: Sat Nov 28 00:29:26 on ttys000
Traviss-iMac:~ travishughes$ /Users/travishughes/Library/Application\ Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star\ Wars\ The\ Old\ Republic/drive_c/Program\ Files/Electronic\ Arts/BioWare/Star\ Wars\ -\ The\ Old\ Republic/launcher.settings ; exit;
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 1: Login:: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 2: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 3: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 4: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 5: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 6: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 7: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 8: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 9: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 10: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 11: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 12: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 13: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 14: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 15: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 16: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 17: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 18: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 19: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 20: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 21: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 22: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 23: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 24: ,: command not found
/Users/travishughes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Star Wars The Old Republic/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.settings: line 25: ,: command not found
logout

[Process completed]

Please Help.

Travis
when you get to the launcher,settings file, double click on it then select text edit or it may open in text edit if you've already tried it. Don't right click on the file then select terminal or you get that huge long message

I've followed your instructions but I am not finding anything that says bitrider in it at all. I copied and pasted below what my Launcher.settings text edit has written:

{"DevLogin":"","Login":"","EnableAutoEnvironment":"false","LastEnvironment":"","LastProduct":"","loglevels":"INFO,SSNFO,ERROR","P2PEnabled":"false","enableRateLimit":"false","uploadRate":"0","downloadRate":"0","language":"en-us","SpecHash":"","AutoClose":"NONE","KillKillProc":"false","InternalLaunchpad":"null","InternalGamepad":"null","ExternalLaunchpad":"null","ExternalGamepad":"null","LastMode":"PROD","HardPatcherMode":"PROD"}

Ashley,
I'm working on this same problem and I think I made some progress. Here's what I did:

1. Changed "EnableAutoEnvironment":"false" to "true" (This let the launcher open, which hadn't before.)
  2. Once the launcher opened, it did two automatic updates, reopening once with a launcher that looked like the first one, and then again with a new launcher which I presume is the most up-to-date one.
  3. I successfully logged in to the launcher using the ID I created on the SW:TOR website.
  4. Now that the new launcher was working, when I opened launcher.settings I could see the "bitraider_disable" line, and when I changed it to "true" it let the game data commence downloading in the launcher (before I changed it to "true" I would get an error and nothing would download.)

That's where I am now, so I can't guarantee that any of this will lead to the game actually running but at least it's progress!

Good luck!

1 to 18 of 18

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSGhtdENOQ0ZQcmRNekd6ZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9