Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Keeps Crashing?

Hey all- another one trying to get SWTOR to work on my MacBook Pro iOS 10.11 El Capital. Downloaded Crossover v 15, installed SWTOR bottle, did the bitraider to true edit, changed the video settings to reflect my card using regedit, make sure to run swtor_fix before playing, then when I run launcher.exe I usually have Crossover crash on my during loading login.

VERY OCCASIONALLY it's been able to go past loading screen to character select and even in game however map crashes still there.

Biggest issue is Crossover crashing on me while SWTOR is logging in. Any ideas?

First question: Why would you need regedit to change your graphics settings?

This shouldn't be necessary with any of the versions over the last year. With the latest release of CrossOver I haven't had a crash at all (although I try to avoid the map bug of course), and the speed is finally somewhere closer to playing under native Windows. The latest release reintroduced some graphics glitches, but other than that I'm very happy.

CrossOver is finally a viable solution when trying to play TOR without using BootCamp. (Still need SWTor_fix.exe, though.)

PS: My machine is a 2010 27" iMac, 8GB RAM, ATI HD5750 1GB VRAM, OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

I'm not having issues with crossover crashing anymore...

My issue now seems to be after running SWTor_fix and then the launcher... 80% of the time I'm stuck at the login page after entering my username / pass while the blue spinning icon keeps whirling around.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSms3cVRWdXNOZ01VQnZuZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9