Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Got it working

Hi everyone! I finally managed to get it working in Fedora Linux 23! Here are the steps I had to take (and I will try to give credit where credit is due for information found):

1. Follow Caron Wills' advice here and manually set your video memory in regedit. This appears to be the bug that makes the loading screen hang at almost complete when you try to enter the world. Let's take care of that pre-emptively 😊

2: Install the swtor unsupported build of crossover.

3: Install SWTOR as normal until you start getting errors about patching.

4: Once you start getting errors, close the launcher and follow Josh Powell-Morris' advice here here and delete the patch folder in your SWTOR C: drive.

1. Re-open the launcher and it will want to re-download some things. Go ahead and let it complete, shouldn't be any bugs here.

2. Once complete, log in and try to enter the world. It should log in fine, although I've not yet done any extensive testing with graphics settings. I have mine lowered as far as they can go, your results may very.

May the force be with you! I plan to test this out on Mac too and see if it works there as well.

Hibba

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieXhOQ21WUGhmUVc0dFNtaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9