Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Long Start-up Times

The game takes quite long to start (about 10 minutes). Once the game starts, it is all smooth sailing. I am using Ubuntu 16.04. I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 2010 27" iMac here. TOR is known (even under native Windows) for long load times, but I haven't experienced any load times longer than maybe two to three minutes at most (even under CrossOver).

How old is your machine?

I have a i5-2500K with 8GB of ram, SSD and GTX 970. Should be more than enough to handle this game easily. After entering password, I start browsing and the game would launch at some point... Definitely not 2-3 minutes.

Weird. Maybe Ubuntu is the culprit, but I wouldn't really know. Maybe somebody else can chime in?

Never mind, basically after the latest update yesterday the loading is indefinite. It does not just take long. It never ends...

Are you using swtor_fix.exe? That might explain your issue. You need this little hack to get TOR to start. Run it before you start TOR and you're good. There's a link somewhere here in the threads, don't know right now where. Or Google it.

You were right, the swtor fix fixed it.

I'm stuck at the same part but even with swtor.fix it does not load up.
the last time it needed about 30 minutes to load up.

swtor-fix console shows:
Waiting for swtor... Found, PID: 164 Waiting for threads to end..
Found, PID: 164 Waiting for threads to end..
Waiting for threads to end..
waiting for threads to end swtor fix

The ssd is working all the time and nothing happens. What could be the problem? :(

You need to start swtor_fix.exe in the same bottle as TOR itself. Here's how I do this:

Place swtor_fix.exe in the same bottle somewhere in the Program Files folder within the drive_c folder of the TOR bottle.
Start TOR and wait till the launcher window pops up.
Start swtor_fix.exe.
Start the game.
Enjoy.

I am having exactly the same problem on Mint 18.1 - swtor fix is not solving the issue.

It takes good 10 minutes to start it while on windows it's instant. Could you help please ?

Make sure that swtor_fix is in the SAME bottle as TOR. Otherwise it will not work.

Andreas Weik wrote:

Make sure that swtor_fix is in the SAME bottle as TOR. Otherwise it
will not work.

Please follow what Andreas said. If you are still having issues, try the following:

1. Turn off "Performance Enhanced Graphics" for first load (I had an issue with that in a version of the product on first load only, and once turned off I was able to turn it back. )
  2. Make sure your screen is not set to "FULL SCREEN MODE", set it to Windows or Windowed Full Screen. (Had that cause an issue with loading as well)

Both of these are graphics related, but at least in my use, for some reason the proper screens do not appear for me some times, and these two things helped fix it.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZjZ6NUZFdnhOQ1c2VFVyTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9