Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SWTOR Certificate error?

I am getting a certificate error each time I try to launch the game. It just started with a recent update. Does anyone have an idea what I need to do to fix this?

Using 16.2.5 and reinstalled and have the same issues

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928954

It's a known error that has not been resolved. Apparently they updated the launcher this Tuesday, which broke the game for people using Windows XP to play it.

I'm wondering if we should upgrade our bottles to Windows 8 since there are murmurs that XP will be unsupported in the future. I don't know who to ask in code weavers, though (or how/if that would work).

I tried the work around posted to reddit, but it has not worked for me. I was hoping it would be fixed by today, but not so far...

It sucks. The game was working just fine, but now I can't even get the launcher to work.

I tried building it in a Windows 7, 8 and 10 bottle with no success, so I don't think the bottle type will fix it.

SWTOR currently is broken as is. The Advocates are providing information to the developers. There are some work around in this forum.

Yuri, do you have any issues with a 3-5 second delay during gameplay? It's very weird, when I create a new bottle it works the first time, but when I try to log in again, I always get the 3-5 second delay on everything that I do. This doesn't make sense.

Andreas Weik wrote:

Yuri, do you have any issues with a 3-5 second delay during
gameplay? It's very weird, when I create a new bottle it works the
first time, but when I try to log in again, I always get the 3-5
second delay on everything that I do. This doesn't make sense.

No I am getting errors, so working with Devs on trying to solve them by providing the information, errors, etc. vs trying to find a work around. I know what the problem is, and it needs to be fixed in general in CrossOver so instead of trying to find a work around which everyone is doing. Trying to actually help with solution.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not trying to find a work around. I was just wondering if my installed copy (with complete new download) on two different systems is the only one that experiences this problem. I think it's sad that I keep asking this question and nobody seems to be able to provide a simple "Yes" or "No". ;)

Is this still ongoing? I mean I assume it is because I tried to reinstall SWTOR this morning and had this exact problem. Hope this works out, I love this game.

As indicated in my sticky, TOR is currently NOT working under CrossOver until Codeweavers will at least incorporate Wine Staging 2.13. Since Wine Stable is currently at 2.0.2, we we might not see a working TOR for a long, long time. I use Wine Staging 2.16 right now to get my TOR fix. It works very well and if you have a working copy of TOR (that is, working under Windows) it is absolutely easy to use.

Hi
I have the same error, nothing works.
Ubuntu studio 16.04.3 LTS patched
Codeweavers 16.2.5

You did read the sticky, did you? ;)

As written there, TOR is no longer working in CrossOver. The problem is twofold:
a. Bioware changed the way they authenticate TOR to the OS. Which meant originally that XP and Vista players (as well as us Linux, BSD and macOS users) were left in the dust. An intermediate fix was announced later, that at least allowed those players back in, but did NOT help us players that use CrossOver.
c. Even though a fix for CrossOver came pretty soon, we still can no longer play TOR under CrossOver, as the little hack used to make TOR actually work under CrossOver (swtor_fix) is NO LONGER working and not maintained anymore.

Right now, the only way to enjoy TOR on any non-Windows-OS is to play it under the now current Wine Staging 2.18 which employs the fix that swtor_fix was originally developed for.

Either Codeweavers will use at least Wine Staging 2.13 in their next versions of CrossOver (making TOR working again) or you have to use Wine 2.18.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidkZ0WUNtQ2NUVlNTYkFldyIsImdkcHIiOjB9