Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can we get it working on 19 with Catalina?

I haven’t played since I got my MacBook, and I just found out it was possible using this software. A little heartbroken to find that it no longer can be done. I was wondering if anyone figured out a workaround, or is currently in the process of doing so. Many thanks.

Yes, you can. It works perfectly fine with CrossOver 19.0.1. Follow Yuri's guide in the tips and tricks section but make sure NOT to install swtor_fix.exe! It is no longer needed.

My sincerest apologies. I just wrote a lot of crap up there. SWTOR will NOT work under Catalina at the moment. You can try under High Sierra or possibly Mojave, but Catalina is out of the question.

Again, my apologies. I wasn't thinking and wrote too fast.

Griffin Riffe wrote:

I haven’t played since I got my MacBook, and I just found out it
was possible using this software. A little heartbroken to find that
it no longer can be done. I was wondering if anyone figured out a
workaround, or is currently in the process of doing so. Many thanks.

It will not work in macOS Catalina (10.15). I will be adding a note to the installer for this shortly.

Short explanation, is that 10.15 does not have support for 32 bit applications, and the emulation for 32 bit that CodeWeavers is working only on some software that has not been written specifically for 32 bit. Unfortunately SWTOR is written specifically for 32 bit and the installer/game has not changed in a long time.

CodeWeavers is looking to improve this over time, but at this time it is not possible to get this running because of the 32 bit, and Mac no longer being 32 bit compatible.

Hello,

I have Mac OS Catalina 10.15, does Crossover / Star Wars: The Old Republic now work for Catalina yet?

I have tried it with the latest CrossOver 20 on both High Sierra and Big Sur.

It works with High Sierra. No luck with Big Sur RC1. Since Catalina already got rid of the 32 Bit libs, I doubt it will work with Catalina, but I cannot say for sure. I've upgraded since then to the release version of Big Sur and haven't tried it there as of yet. Let me do that and I'll post the result here.

I just tried it with 20.0.2 on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 - it is installing, starting, patching and loading after login. But it never goes beyond the fullscreen loading screen.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVEp2SG1YZGFBV1JLODNNYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9