Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 13.1.3 Mac & SW:TOR 2.7.2 no longer crashing on map?

After patching to SW:TOR 2.7.2 I no longer experience the crashing bug in the map when hovering over mission waypoints.

This is also the case when I use wine 1.7.19 installed via Homebrew so I am guessing something was fixed in SW:TOR itself.

Can anyone else confirm?

This made me buy the latest CrossOver version. I'm currently a bit angry that I did, since it is still crashing. I experience absolutely no changes. Wasted 38 Euros on a non-functional program (for me, since I only care about TOR right now).

I wish I could get a rebate.

TOR under Windows runs much better, and doesn't crash. Sorry, but you would expect a commercial program to get at least the top 10 most voted programs to run right.

-A very unhappy customer

You could have used the trial version before buying... also, send mail to info@codeweavers.com and ask if it's possible to get a refund. Please keep in mind that, usually, there is no one from the staff to answer the email during weekends.

My trial version just had expired. Trust me, I've been using one trial version after the other. Just to see if TOR finally will work. So far, I've been disappointed. You can tell that I'm very interested that TOR works under CrossOver. That's why I finally caved and bought CrossOver after reading the post by the OP. Unfortunately, nothing really had changed.

Just reinstalled SWTOR from the TIE in a new bottle using 13.1.3.
After the usual night of downloads, I could test it in the morning. Alas, the game still freezes on me when I hovered mission items in the map.
I have not tried the mini-map yet though.

Somebody just rated SW:TOR silver with 13.1.3.

Sorry, but bad idea. A game-crashing bug in an important feature (ok, maybe that guy's a genius who doesn't need maps) doesn't warrant a silver label. Still waiting for that day that Crossover will NOT crash when hovering over map POIs...

sigh

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN3ZScWE2RjhtcnRFRmZyTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9