Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Also stuck at the loading screen

This is my first time working with CrossOver, so I'll write out the steps I've taken to see whether I missed something along the way.

I downloaded and installed CrossOver. Then I used the link here for the CrossTie for SWTOR, and let it do its thing. I ran the installer, and it did download a lot of stuff from EA/Bioware. (I'm a Mac user and had no Windows partition of any kind to be retrieving a prior installation from.)

When that was all done, I tried running SWTOR. I got the loading screen, then the opening cinematic, then a black screen with just a cursor. So I came here and reviewed the tips.

I edited launcher.settings to set bitraider_disable to true

I installed IE 8, DirectX 9, and Microsoft Visual C++'s 2013 runtime.

I downloaded swtor_fix.exe and left it in its own folder in my usual downloads directory. I frankly didn't understand a bunch of the discussion about whether I should or shouldn't add that to the SWTOR bottle - this is the part I'm least certain about, actually, since the exchanges here seemed to assume there'd be a Windows partition involved somewhere, but for me there's just a Mac hard drive and whatever may end up in the bottle.

In any event, I ran swtor_fix.exe via Run Command and choosing it from my downloads directory, and did that with each of the following:

• with no changes to the registry.
  • with OpenGL key added, and UseGLSL set to disabled
  • with UseGLSL set to enabled
  • with USGLSL set to enabled and DirectDrawRenderer set to opengl
  • with USGLSL set to disabled and DirectDrawRenderer set to opengl

That last one, and I think one of the others, got me error C7. In the other cases, the launcher checked for updates, loaded up the splash page, and then hung there indefinitely.

Specifying the video RAM size lets me connect to a server, make a character, and start it. But after the prologue scroll and a few seconds' look at the starting scene, the screen goes black except for the mouse curser.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaGdlbVhVa3pDcW5UdnlhdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9