Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Optimal Settings

I was able to get the game working on Mac using the tips and tricks as well as advice from the forum, so thank you community for your awesome help! Specifically disabling bitraider and the swtor_fix.exe were the two most important things for me though I tried pretty much every other suggestion I found with varying degrees of success.

Now that it's working, I'm annoyed by the low frame rate, and having to play on the lowest settings. If I boot camp I can play on ultra, but through crossover it runs like crap. Now that may just be the nature of the beast, but I'm curious if anyone has managed to get it running smoothly with a decent resolution and medium-ish graphics.

Since you have to log out to make any changes to the graphics settings it's very time-consuming to play around with them, I'm wondering if anyone has put in the time and come up with an "optimal" configuration.

I've read in various "how to increase your FPS" threads that triple buffering and vsync really helps some people. But the triple buffering is done through the Nvidia or ATI software, which I don't have because it's not actually Windows. Is there some way of accomplishing this through Crossover?

One final thing, I'm running Crossover version 12.something or other and I'm wondering if there would be a noticeable performance gain by upgrading to the latest version.

If anyone has any good tips or tricks please share :)

To make this a short post:

1. Yes, Crossover will NEVER run as fast as the native thing. That is the nature of the beast. You either live with it, or you have to discard the idea of using Crossover.
  2. I HIGHLY recommend upgrading to the latest version, it runs much better than yours. Mind, it will still be slower than running under native Windows and it still has the annoying map bug.

Your mileage might vary.

v/r
-Andreas

iMac 2010, 27", Radeon HD 5750, 1GB VRAM. I can run on Medium to High-Settings at 1920x1080 res in Crossover. Mind, that this will stutter and frame rates will vary wildly. But it works.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0M1c2h2azdNUW04bmtmNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9