Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation

My question is why i cannot chnage the route for the game if i want to put on the different drive?its so annoying that i dont have enough space and also i dont want to put the game on my windows partition...

You should be able to manually create the bottle in a location of your choosing. Go up into the menus of crossover and find the create bottle option. It should ask you where you'd like to save the bottle. Also, there is a step in installation that asks if you would like to use a new bottle if you hit yes it'll ask you what kind of bottle you'd like to make and where you'd like to save it.

are we talking about the online old republic?

We are talking about that game, but let me elaborate a bit. You are running a program within a program within a program. At the top layer is crossover from codeweavers, below that is a small kernel of windows, and below that is the game the old republic. When you install a game into crossover, it creates something called a bottle. This bottle is a small application like file, which houses all the files that the game needs to run: a bit of windows, some dot net frame work things, the game files themselves etc. when you start crossover and tell it you want to install a game it asks if you want to install it into an existing bottle or a new bottle. If you choose the later there will be options as to where to store that bottle on your machine, thus allowing you to stick the bottle and all the game files to be held within somewhere you would have the space for them. See?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3N5TTJITUo1YmMyWWVMTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9