Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No support in v15.0 anymore??

Hi there.

I had some problems with my Win7 partition in Bootcamp so looking around I found CrossOver and seemed to be the perfect solution.

Downloaded the installer, installed the game, patched/downloaded for hours and hours, executed the launcher and after logging in waited for lots of time (more than 30 minutes for three or four times) and decided that something was wrong.

Deleted everything to start again and now I find that when looking for apps to install there is no "Star Wars: The Old Republic" in the list.

It is because it wasn't working that now is not in the list or what?

I am using OS X El Capitán on my Early-2013 MacBook Pro Retina, 2.4GHz i7 8Gb of RAM.

Well... I managed to install it using the "no listed application" option.

Created a WinXP bottle, downloaded everything and fine. Then tried to open the game and.. yes! it worked but... only I see is the user interface.

Yes... the rest of the screen is white or black depending on the settings. If I go too high in settings it's white, if I go to minimum settings it's black.

As simple as that...

No lag, I can log in, see the names of the players, chekc inventory, etc. etc. etc. but I cannot see the chracters, buildings... only the UI.

Anyone else?

It's a known bug. See in Tips&Tricks:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/star-wars-the-old-republic/the-screen-is-black-but-the-gui-is-visible

the proposed solution does not work for me on my 2014 MacBook Air running OS X 10.11 anyway. Maybe you will be luckier.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHNtVVZZUE5rbkFNdDh5OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9