Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

(Guide) SWTOR install works 2018

1) Install Crossover newest nightly build, Change Windows XP to Windows 7 if the game won't download and freezes this works for me playing with bottle windows 7. (I recommend choosing Windows 7 anyway sense Windows XP is discontinued)

2) Download the Full Game Completely 41GB = Change BR to SSN in "PatchingMode" in the launcher.settings if the game download doesn't start and shows "ST" in the left bottom corner.

3) After Game Fully Downloaded Completely Get the SWTORFIX FIX From Here. SWTORFIX Now copy just the SWTORFIX to install C:\ drive

4) Run SWTORFIX Start Game, Make a shortcut in crossover to the SWTORFIX Run everytime you start the game. When Done playing kill SWTORFIX REPEAT !!!

5)Enjoy

Looks like the latest versions of CrossOver now works again with swtor_fix (as it is correctly spelled). swtor_fix itself hasn't been updated in years and lead to severe lags in official versions. That's why I recommended against it.

Please be advised that not everybody has access to nightly builds. I will try the latest official version to see how it handles swtor_fix. More to come.

Edit: Yes, the new version 17.1 is working again with swtor_fix. No nightly build is needed!

Andreas Weik wrote:

Looks like the latest versions of CrossOver now works again with
swtor_fix (as it is correctly spelled). swtor_fix itself hasn't been
updated in years and lead to severe lags in official versions.
That's why I recommended against it.

Please be advised that not everybody has access to nightly builds. I
will try the latest official version to see how it handles
swtor_fix. More to come.

Edit: Yes, the new version 17.1 is working again with swtor_fix. No
nightly build is needed!

On 16.2.5 will not launch?

SW:TOR in it's current version will no longer work with older versions of CrossOver due to a massive change in TOR itself (new certificates, XP no longer supported, etc). Please be aware of that. I recommend upgrading to the latest CrossOver version. You might also try Wine directly.

Many thanks!

Does SWTOR work with Crossover 17.5? Is there any special set up?

Unfortunately it doesn't. Your best option to run SW:TOR under macOS or Linux is to use Wine 3.11 Staging (at this moment), where it works flawlessly.

I already had it working
When there's will there's a hack xD

Oh, it does work... kinda... when using swtor_fix.exe it will look like it works, until you actually start doing something. Then you will experience severe multi-second lag, that'll stop you from doing even the lightest PvE. Forget about PvP.

PS: This due to swtor_fix.exe, NOT CrossOver! But until Codeweavers is using a more up-to-date Wine version, you will have to live with that problem. I rather recommend using Wine directly until Codeweavers will migrate to a newer version of Wine. We need to give them the time they need. Using a - technically - beta version of Wine that might break other applications, applications whose users number in the 100,000s vs. to 1000s, is not something you will do lightheartedly and without proper testing.

As its a latest version so there's won't be getting any issue, suggest me to use thanks for sharing this information with us.
Fix Error code 0X0070002

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUXVkN3NNTENFNEtaOXZ3eiIsImdkcHIiOjB9