Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 21.1.0 and Star Wars: The Old Republic What Works

I wanted to put this tread together to make sure we have concise information on what works.
Please do not ask for support on this thread as I am going to sticky it. If you need support with an issue please start another thread.

CrossOver 21.1.0 (Production) - MacOSX Monterey - 12.1 - Intel

• MacBookPro with Radeon Pro 555 2GB
  • Native Installer - Everything works, in full screen and windows screen. (recommended)
  • Steam - Works but for some reason locks up sometimes and crashes.
  • Graphics at Ultra some stuttering, Graphics at High or bellow is flawless (see graphics card above, as systems with no graphical co-processor might have issues).
  • Have been checked on multiple Mac's with i7, and i9 processors and various graphics card (but posting my main testing machine information above).

My feedback ! 😊

• CrossOver : 21.1
  • macOS : 12.2 (Monterey)
  • Mac : iMac 5K 2020
  • CPU : Intel Core i7 8C @3,8 GHz
  • GPU : AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
  • RAM : 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I installed the game with the native installer of CrossOver, that works perfectly.
Overall the game runs smoothly at over 60 FPS in 2K resolution (2160x1440) with the graphics preset on "High" and in windowed fullscreen mode.

However, I still noticed that in warzone (PvP) it drags a lot and makes this content difficult to play. The more players you have to fight at the same time, the more it will affect performance. On the fleet (Republic and Empire), we do not encounter this phenomenon.

In addition, on the newer planets you can experience problems with multicolor textures and when this happens, the game ends up crashing. We restart it and everything works perfectly again.

Yes, the gaming experience won't be as perfect as on Windows, but it's still largely playable and allows us to stay on macOS.

Here we go:

- CrossOver : 21.1
- macOS : 12.2 (Monterey)
- Mac : MacBook Air M1
- CPU : M1
- GPU : M1
- RAM :16 GB RAM

SW:TOR works as designed (except for BINK movies. In the words of one smallish, villainous creature: "We hatezzzzz them, yessss, we do, Gollum!"), but runs abysmally slow. No matter what settings I use, frame rates are at maximum in their teens. Game is virtually unplayable. Real bummer.

Under Linux (Debian 11) on my PC game will start, but can't connect to the patch servers. I've seen hints that this might be missing LDAP libraries? So, I have to use Windows. Bleh. Thankfully, right now I'm more invested in Valheim. ;)

You can follow these steps to get SWTOR to work on Linux (running Pop_OS 21.10).

Download the following certificates:
https://symantec.tbs-certificats.com/pca3-g5ss.crt
https://www.thawte.com/roots/thawte_Primary_Root_CA.pem

Rename the second cert from .pem to .crt

Move the certs into /usr/local/share/ca-certificates (will require root privileges).

Run update-ca-certificates as root

Patcher will work again. Otherwise plays fine.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGFDZXl4c1F4NTVUQjlnUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9