Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SWTOR stopped working out of nowhere

I'm using a MacBook Pro (M1, 2020), memory: 16GB and Crossover 21.2. In April I was using the free trial of Crossover and SWTOR ran flawlessly the entire time. I took a break until this past week and bought the Crossover license, now SWTOR almost never gets past the launcher. When I first came back to play, Crossover crashed when I tried to open it giving me an error log which summed up to say it couldn't find Python in my $PATH. I checked in terminal and sure enough Python was missing so I amended that issue and did a clean install of Crossover and SWTOR but the problem has persisted through it all. Does anyone know why this might be occurring?

If you are running any Anti-Virus software it tends to remove some files under each of the games because it things that there is a virus (no virus is present, this is the heuristics portion of the AV).

If you do not have that, then I would recommend redoing the download of the game from scratch.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWVY2VXZXZ1RKQXFzODZodSIsImdkcHIiOjB9