Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SWTOR Launcher not start after update

My SWTOR launcher has updated and since impossible to start it. I come across this error : "Host windowLoadTimeout"

Has anyone encountered the same? Any idea how to resolve this?

Looks like they completely changed the starter and it is now incompatible with CrossOver. I'll try to investigate further, but I wouldn't get my hopes up right now...

Thank you for this confirmation, I hope CrossOver will find a solution.

Is it the same for the Steam version?

If no one has tested, I will do the test.

My apologies for the late reply. Steam just uses a wrapper around the standard SW-TOR application. It should make no difference. You're free to try it, of course. :)

So I found something weird.

I tried reinstalling SW-TOR with a freshly downloaded installer and got the same error!

I then ran it with the debug log and found this:
[code]
005c:0068:trace:seh:dispatch_exception code=6ba flags=0 addr=000000007B01354E ip=000000007B01354E tid=0068
005c:0068:warn:seh:dispatch_exception unknown exception (code=6ba) raised
[/code]

Not sure why this is, but I don't think this is supposed to happen. I hope one of the devs is seeing this...

Regarding the Steam version, it has not received this launcher update if I believe this article precisely: https://vulkk.com/2022/09/16/swtor-game-launcher-receives-an-important-update/

So maybe it works, I'll try to try as soon as possible! Thank you for your test on a fresh install :)

What is really strange though is that i can play on my M1 macboook pro. The launcher update has never happened. The game play fine on the plain crossover bottle without any tricks.

Strange…

Same problem here as well….

I hope they’ll find a fix very soon.

Yep, same here. Reinstall didn't fix the issue. 😕

I have same issue on 2017 Mac Pro on MacOS 12.6

Hi folks,

We are looking into a solution for getting SWTOR working again after the launcher changes. Unfortunately, the launcher changes were pretty significant, and it's looking like quite a bit of work to fix :/ The Steam version is not affected by these changes, and our tests show it continues to work.

Best,
Meredith

I confirm that the Steam version works!

I reinstalled macOS cleanly (to switch to Ventura), then the Steam bottle and finally SWTOR. The launcher launches this time without problem and the same for the game.

I'll go back to the direct version without Steam, when it's fixed, but in the meantime you can still play via Steam so great :)

Pierre wrote:

I confirm that the Steam version works!

I reinstalled macOS cleanly (to switch to Ventura), then the Steam bottle and finally SWTOR. The launcher launches this time without problem and the same for the game.

I'll go back to the direct version without Steam, when it's fixed, but in the meantime you can still play via Steam so great :)

How did you make it work? :)
I have done the same but everytime I launch SWTOR in the Steam application then the SWTOR-launcher just crashes.
Do you have any specific settings on in the CrossOver app? :)

No, I didn't do anything special.
I created a new Steam bottle, installed SWTOR and it works!

Pierre wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Weird - have done the same and not changed any settings and it still crashes at startup.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon so we don't need to use Steam.

Pierre wrote:

Are you using CrossOver 22 or a different version? :)

I use CrossOver 22.0.1 on macOS Ventura and my Mac has an Intel CPU :)

What's the latest on the SWTOR Launcher? I'm on an M1 Air with Crossover 22.1.1. I've created a new Win32 bottle, installed Steam and then downloaded SWTOR. I get the Launcher, log in, click the Play button and then ... nothing.

Workaround currently is to use Steam. Launcher from the website still not usable.

I tried from Steam, but that didn't work. After I hit "Play" from the launcher, the launcher goes away, and nothing happens.
Is the 32-bit Windows the right bottle?

Edit: I created a 64-bit Windows, copied the steamapp folder, fired it up and all went well.

Hi there,

No, I would use a 64-bit bottle.

Best,
Meredith

1 to 21 of 21

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmRVZHh4Mk5NOFFMUlZMUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9