StarCraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Working

Has anyone got this to work? I keep getting a white flickering screen and can't really play it.

I am having the same issue after installing Starcraft in Crossover Games 10.1.2 on OS X 10.7. Unfortunately carbon is no longer supported in OS X 10.7, so this is the only way I can play without using a VM.

I have tried several configuration options for graphics and always get the same flickering white screen with occasional tears that show a bit of the main menu, just enough to click exit. If it tried a windowed mode Crossover simply crashes entirely with no debug or error report. Also having the integrated vs the discrete GPU selected makes no difference (Mac Book Pro (mid-2010)).

Help would be appreciated. I will continue to fiddle with options to see if I can get it to work.

I believe the graphics problems can be solved by switching the registry key DirectDrawRenderer found at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D to "gdi"

Okay I think It's fixed the problem. Seems that opengl rendering is having issues and gdi is too slow. The solution is to leave opengl set or not set it at all since this is the default. Instead the game needs to set to "Emulate a virtual desktop" of 640 x 480. This is unfortunate, as it does not allow the game to run in fullscreen mode.

I'm running into the same issue — works great but video is unusable. Running 640x480 in a window fixes it, but that's not ideal. I voted for Starcraft, but I wish there was something else I could do!

Unfortunately this window behaviour is a regression from CrossOver 9. There are a number of other games that suffer from this fullscreen regression.

This is a known issue and is in the bug tracker. I have reported this numerous times. See bug 9330.

I am successfully running StarCraft: Brood War 1.16.1 in full screen using Crossover 11.2 and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

I am using the Anthology Edition downloaded from Blizzard installed into a Windows 2000 bottle. I then applied the Brood War 16.1 "full" patch, downloaded separately

I am using a Mac Pro with ATI 6870 video card connected via DVI to a display running at 1920 x 1200.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic210Ykc4RmFoQVJhNktzZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9