StarCraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SC window does not appear

Hi, I've installed SC + Broodwar + patch. It was working using Wine directly, but it's not working using cx.

Installation wen smoothly using same SC bottle. After installation, starting from SC icon block any action on the current X window. to me seems like SC window is openning on some another terminal, or something like that.

Possibly, I can start it in some kind of debug mode, if you can tell me ho to start it manually or what to do.

Cheers,
Ivan

so I'm getting lost. cxdiag telling me:

[OpenglNoDRI]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering"
"Description"="This typically indicates a graphics driver configuration issue and will prevent most 3D games and applications from working correctly."

but Direct rendering is active:

[root@div-laptop Starcraft]# glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

I have Intel integrated (Ivy bridge) and GeForce 640M with Optimus, but this one should be switched off by Bumblelee already.

There seems to be some reports of a CrossOver bug on Ivy Bridge. Has you tried the workaround prescribed in Ticket 897883?

Hi Gaurau,

thanks for hint ! I've tried this fix but shared object seems to be wrong for my OS.

[divinorum@div-laptop ~]$ cxrun
wine: failed to initialize: /opt/cxoffice/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: invalid ELF header

Do we have something for x64 Linux, please ? I'm running Fedora 17 x86_64

Cheers,
Ivan

..anyone to know more about this, please ?

Unfortunately I don't believe there has been a new CrossOver release that incorporates the fix yet. The patched files was for the Mac platform so you'll have to submit a support ticket to request a linux version.

yep, this is what I'll do :)

cheers,
Ivan

Ticket # 902777 logged ..so, we will see.

The custome ntdll file we made was to correct an issue with the new chipset on the retina Macs and doesn't apply to any other systems. It's not a Linux problem.

The issue you're seeing is the Bumblebee project/Optimus driver doesn't correctly switch to the 3D card. So far in other tickets we've never been able to get a game running in Crossover with the Optimus card.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

The custome ntdll file we made was to correct an issue with the new
chipset on the retina Macs and doesn't apply to any other systems.
It's not a Linux problem.

The issue you're seeing is the Bumblebee project/Optimus driver
doesn't correctly switch to the 3D card. So far in other tickets
we've never been able to get a game running in Crossover with the
Optimus card.

Andrew, I'm not using Bumblebee here, because Nouveau driver has no support for this card and propietary driver is not working with Bumblebee. I'm simply trying to run it using on-board Intel card.

Finally, issue was really simple.. and even more simple than that 😊

I just use Wine starcraft longer time ago and meanwhile, for some reason. I have removed some x86 Mesa libraries.

Re-installing SC uning "out of the box" Wine gave me really verbose error:

err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile ", version "1.4 (2.1 Mesa 8.0.3)").
*** glibc detected *** Starcraft.exe: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x7c84d428 ***
*** glibc detected *** Starcraft.exe: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x7c84d428 ***

So I have installed all missing x86 libraries, which bring the Sc running well !

# yum install mesa-libglapi.i686 mesa-libGL-devel.i686 mesa-libGLU-devel.i686 mesa-libxatracker.i686 mesa-dri-drivers.i686 mesa-dri-filesystem.i686

Cheers,
Ivan

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicDU4VFRUdHM3c25IQjZGUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9