Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam DirectX failure

I have been attempting to play Banished on steam and it keeps trying to install DirectX.

My system: MacBook Air
OSX Version 10.9.2
CrossOver version 13.1.3

When the game tries to run, it attempts to install Microsoft DirectX for Windows and subsequently fails. I get the following error message:
"The program Application-steam-x32.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close".

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

i had the same problem trying to install fallout 2 (steam)
the sollution for me was to go to the directory where fallout 2 was installed, there i found a directory with directX and .net framework 4 - exe files. 2 taps on this exe's - crossover started installation.
now everything works.

sry for my english)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidndnVWFwQkp1MmRGNVduOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9