Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not logging in after update to CrossOver 14.0

After updating to CrossOver Mac 14, Steam hangs after I enter my account name and password.

Lorin Winchester wrote:

After updating to CrossOver Mac 14, Steam hangs after I enter my
account name and password.

Because of this post:
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=206;forum=1;msg=166792

And because of other testing in-house, I would like to ask a few questions.

Is this your first time launching Steam in a while? I'm curious if you launched Steam yesterday with CrossOver 13.2 or if it's been longer.

Is it possible you have an updated to Steam lingering? We experienced the symptoms you're describing (with both CrossOver 13.2 and with 14.0) and after closing out of Steam and re-launching, the update emerged and then everything became functional as we would expect it to be.

Have you tried re-installing Steam in a fresh bottle? Does logging in become functional?

What version of the MacOS are you running?

Caron Wills wrote:

Lorin Winchester wrote:

After updating to CrossOver Mac 14, Steam hangs after
I enter my account name and password.

Because of this post:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=206;forum=1;msg=166792

And because of other testing in-house, I would like to ask a few
questions.

Is this your first time launching Steam in a while? I'm curious if
you launched Steam yesterday with CrossOver 13.2 or if it's been
longer.

Is it possible you have an updated to Steam lingering? We
experienced the symptoms you're describing (with both CrossOver 13.2
and with 14.0) and after closing out of Steam and re-launching, the
update emerged and then everything became functional as we would
expect it to be.

Have you tried re-installing Steam in a fresh bottle? Does logging
in become functional?

What version of the MacOS are you running?

It was my first time launching Steam after I upgraded to CrossOver 14.0. I believe that I did launch it yesterday while I was still running CrossOver 13.2. Every time that I've launched Steam under 14.0 (which never gets past the login) it has checked for an update. I have closed/re-opened CrossOver, made sure that no Steam is running, and even restarted my Mac, but the problem didn't go away.

I thought I had tried re-installing Steam into a new bottle yesterday, but I hadn't. I just installed into a new bottle under CX 14.0 and launched/logged in without issue! I have no games installed into that Steam bottle, so I don't know if any games run.

I'm under OS X 10.8.5.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHB5cUtoZlI0RTlweGRXYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9