Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout (1, 2, Tactics) > Steam > macOS Sierra

I've just recently purchased the first 3 Fallout games so I can play them through CrossOver. I went through the installation process clicked next on everything. Once steam was installed I downloaded the game and then clicked Play. Nothing happens after this point. Anyone experience this and know how to get the games to start?

I ran with a log and this was what I got.

Running launcher: Fallout (StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/Programs/Steam/Fallout.url)
Command-line options: 
Bottle: Fallout
Debug channels: 

CrossOver 16.2.5.30228
OS X 10.12.6
Install location: /Applications/CrossOver.app
Mac Locale: en_US

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
CXConfig->read(/Users/vab798dg3/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
13303: Grabbing the '/var/folders/ql/wk8r37l53p19q1msd_jntlbc0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-56bf32.lock' lock
13303: Got the '/var/folders/ql/wk8r37l53p19q1msd_jntlbc0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-56bf32.lock' lock
CXConfig->read(/Users/vab798dg3/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Fallout/cxbottle.conf)
13303: Releasing the '/var/folders/ql/wk8r37l53p19q1msd_jntlbc0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-56bf32.lock' lock
Bottle environment variables:
 CX_BOTTLE_CREATOR_APPID -> com.codeweavers.c4.3451
CXRWConfig->new(/Users/vab798dg3/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Fallout/cxmenu.conf)
'/Users/vab798dg3/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Fallout/cxmenu.conf' not modified -> no need to save
Starting 'StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/Programs/Steam/Fallout.url'
system encoding='UTF-8'
Exec-ing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "Fallout" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/Programs/Steam/Fallout.url" --cx-log -'
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33e500 0x0): stub
fixme:process:ProcessIdToSessionId Unsupported for other processes.

I found a temp fix.

1. After installing and downloading the games you can "Run command..." > "Browse..." > drive_c > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > [game_folder] > [game_file].exe > "Open"
  2. Run to test it. Close the app
  3. Save Command as a Launcher

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSEFDV1hGbU1Xelh3ejY4cyIsImdkcHIiOjB9