Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam does not work properly in 19.0.2 get an error that "vulkandriverquery.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to c

I installed Steam into a fresh Windows 10 64 bit bottle. I installed from the Crossover Software Installer. Steam runs, but I get an error pop-up with "vulkandriverquery.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close" Then the steam friends window keeps trying to open over and over again, and nothing shows in the main steam window.

I tried using 19.0.1, 19.0.0, and 18.0.0 and all exhibited the same behavior.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steam does not work properly in a win10 bottle right now. We are in the process of updating things so that a win10 bottle will no longer be recommended, as it is known-broken currently. If you try installing in a win7 bottle, you should be good to go :) There are practically no games that require win10 right now -- obviously this is likely to change at some point, and we are looking into why win10 bottles are failing.

Thanks,
Anna

Got this response from CrossOver regarding the latest issues with 19.0.2:

We are aware of the issue with Steam games launching in Crossover 19.0.2 and do have a fix for it in our next major release. Crossover 20 will also include a ton of other fixes and general game compatibility improvements for macOS so it may actually be best to wait a couple weeks for that to release and give it another try.

Looking forward to trying out v20. Any update on when it's coming out?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRjRDR1hSQXR4Y3plVVRjUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9