Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam display issue

Hello everyone !

I just installed crossover with steam on Mac m1, everything was working correctly, but when I launched steam, it won't open properly.
As you can see here : https://ibb.co/jHnf1CG

I only can see the "titles" of steam like the store, the community, profile ... so I am not able to go at my games library to download them.

What can I do ?

Thank you so much for your help,

😀

Hi there,

Are you using any antivirus software? We've seen that cause troubles with the Steam client display before. For more info on troubleshooting antivirus issues with CrossOver, please reference this article: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/bitdefender

Best,
Meredith

hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't have any antivirus software.. so it can't be that

Hi again,

A few other questions that might help determine what's going on:

• What version of Big Sur are you running?
  • Can you confirm you're using CrossOver 20.0.4?
  • Did you use our crosstie to install Steam (that is, you searched for the application within CrossOver, selected "Steam" and followed the prompts without changing anything)?

Thanks,
Meredith

Crossover: 20.0.4

Steam loads, seems fine, but in WIndows 7 and WIndows 10 64-bit bottles running Steam I open certain games and they give me a new cursor but a black screen.

Is there extra junk to install or some settings needed for compatibility?

Thanks.

Hi James,

It really depends on the game. You can search the forums and ask about specific games you don't see answers for.

One thing that might help some games is to make sure that DXVK is enabled. To do that, right-click on the name of your Steam bottle, go to Settings, and then select "DXKV Backend for D3D11." Once it's checked, make sure you restart Steam for changes to take effect.

Meredith

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXR6YmU5eWVHcFEzdlN2QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9