Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam big picture mode is blank

I can't get my Steam Input configuration working because when it goes to big picture mode everything is missing or blank.

Using M1 mac latest crossover and Ventura.

Hi there,

Yes, this is a known issue. We have a bug filed, but no updates on a fix yet.

Best,
Meredith

This bug has been known for several months... isn't it possible to simply know the font used by Steam?

So Steam snap actually had a similar problem, and I don't think knowing the fonts would help.

That said, if you're interested in attempting to develop a workaround, the steam snap had a similar problem (with the native client) - https://github.com/canonical/steam-snap/issues/5

In short, Steam seems to be loading Motiva Sans from somewhere "interesting". I'm not sure if there's a (user-friendly) way to modify the fontconfig but the hack may involve adding these lines:

https://github.com/canonical/steam-snap/pull/86/commits/d908d90247292d18a89c9d62e574ada9f340851c

You may want to try new Steam Big Picture UI that will replace the current one sooner or later. The fonts load there, though it's kinda sluggish and may sometime glitch out and fill the whole screen white.
To run it, just launch Steam with -gamepadui or -newbigpicture

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUM5cGc3V3J5aHRwVmRlQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9