Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

True type fonts don't like quiet option

I'm trying to install Steam via crosstie, but it always fails while installing the second (not the first) true type font:

Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for help.

In the installation log I can see that the first font is installed with the options /T and /C, but the second one gets /Q added to it. Running /? indicates that /Q is a perfectly valid option, but that seems to be the problem to me.

successful command (from install log)

Command:
/Applications/CrossOver Games10.1.0.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wineloader winewrapper.exe --wait-children --run -- /Users/david/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/installers/9b3124834988748336b51f4cbbb8951f.arialb32.exe /T:C:\users\crossover\Temp\tmpl-Lqm5 /C

unsuccessful command

Command:
/Applications/CrossOver Games10.1.0.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wineloader winewrapper.exe --wait-children --run -- /Users/david/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/installers/fed8dbfc04a9b837c11a1f8240581b26.comic32.exe /T:C:\users\crossover\Temp\tmp74riMS /C /Q

Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this, but I'm trying to install steam, and it doesn't appear to be one particular font that is at fault.

I'm going to try skipping the fonts during the install and adding them afterwards individually

Well skipping the fonts and installing them afterwards seems to work.

for the reference I'm running CXG 10.1.0 on a mac 10.6.7

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibTM0Z3VTdHdaS2VSR1hYWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9