Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam crashing

Hello there,
Upon opening Steam, my computer will freeze after about 30 seconds. About 5 minutes later, it will unfreeze, saying that Steam has crashed. I suspect this is because it begins to validate game files after startup. Is there any fix for this? My machine is a Macbook, Snow Leopard, 4 gigs ram, 2.66 (I think) GHz processor.
Thank you,
JD

I think steam may be having trouble's with the load of people buying games while they're doing that summer camp thing - I know I've had trouble running it natively on my mac (as well as through CXG), particularly during purchase.
Has the problem been occurring for long?

There hasn't been much of a need for it until now, I just ran the Mac version, but now I need to windows version to work. Also, I know it is not from the Steam servers, since the Mac version of Steam works fine.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTHJlUWFYaHBVa3pnbm1DWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9