Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Voice

Hi,

I was just wondering what the status was on this. It's not working for me, but maybe there's a workaround I haven't found?

Right now, Steam captures the mike input in bursts. For example, the previous sentence would sound like:

RIGHT ... ... CAPT... ... ... ... ... BURST...

Thanks

Just for curiosity install Audacity (win) on that same bottle and see if your mic does the same thing. It may have nothing to do with steam. I'm assuming you're on linux and I've had weird issues with audio on linux from time to time.

Audacity for Windows works just fine in the same bottle.

But now Steam won't even let me "test" the microphone. When I click that button, it just hangs, and I need to kill steam.exe.

Sound output is fine, of course.

==

Ubuntu 11.04 (64-bit), GeForce 9500, CXG 10.1.1.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmg3QTliZ0VrSDNuR0M3NiIsImdkcHIiOjB9