Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GRIPES about the Steam UI

Hey Guys!

I have a few problems with the Steam UI that I'm hoping someone will have an answer to:

Scrolling can be jittery/laggy, but it does work well enough.

When trying to move windows, the windows randomly jitter - they do move, however, it's just unsightly.

When moving windows or selecting a windows over another steam window, the window on the top layer occasionally flickers on and off.

Please say there are some solutions - they bug me! :P

The client is functional, but these gripes do annoy me a bit - I understand it's not going to be perfect, but I was just wondering if any solutions for these problems have been found. I'm running on a Mac on the latest version of CXG.

Thanks! :D

Jeremy

This problem has been around... pretty much forever. I don't think there is a way to solve this problem unless someone else knows something?

I've seen recent screenshots of people with modded/different Steam UIs - perhaps they work better? I don't know how you'd get them though...

Those are called skins, something that Steam supports. All it really does is change the "pictures" that the Steam window uses... I highly doubt that would solve anything.

Ah, fair enough - you're right, that'd do nothing. I also get an error whenever I try to quit steam and it won't let me pause downloads half the time. XD

Now that I'm unfamiliar with. It would be helpful if you got us the debug output.

I'll post them when I next quit steam ;)

Yes, those bugs are probably the reason for the Silver medal.

However, I recently discovered that moving any of the Steam windows on Linux with Alt-MouseDrag works fantastically well. The main window, the Friends window, you name it!

I haven't found a solution for Mac OS X besides not moving the windows. ;)

In any case, dual monitors makes the problem much much worse.

Nolan Taeksang Yoo wrote:

I haven't found a solution for Mac OS X besides not moving the
windows. ;)

In any case, dual monitors makes the problem much much worse.

I'm fudged then! I have dual monitors. XD What does it do that makes it so much worse?

Nolan, as promised, here is the link to the Steam Quit error I keep getting - http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=206;forum=1;msg=115185

To be honest, I have no idea. :P When I used Steam in dual monitors though, the problem got worse. I'll check out the log in a few.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHNIV0ZnZmNRRVhkem1TdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9