Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microphone Stuttering in-game and in Steam Chat

Hey Guys!

Since updating to CX11, my microphone has started to stutter in-game and in Steam Chat conversations. For example, if I was to say "This is a sentence", they would hear "This...a...-tence". This clearly isn't good for games which require good communication in teams, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Anyone got a fix?

Jeremy

Same here. Ever find a solution?

Is this on Linux?

If you have Pulse Audio running this can happen. Especially on older versions.

This is the same bug as the stuttering audio output.

First update your distro to make sure you have the latest version so that you have the latest version of Pulse Audio. This will reduce this bug significantly.

Additionally make sure that Pulse-Audio is run at high priority: at least nice level -10 and at least 5 higher priority than your X11 driver. (If your X11 is running -7, run PulseAudio at -12). Remember the further negative the nice level the higher the priority, the further positive the lower the priority. You will need to use root to change the priority of the PulseAudio daemon.

I'm on a Mac OSX Mountain lion and having the same problem...help?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMzNNMlcydkJoZlc3WFVQWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9