Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Games featured on Linux Mag

I was quite happy this morning to see this article on the Linux Mag website :)
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7726/2/

"Commercial Gaming, Coming Soon to Linux?"

With the Steam and Valve Source Games coming to Mac and with rumours flying about Linux being next, it would be nice to think
that Linux may finally be recognised by large gaming companies as a platform for gaming.
I still believe that Crossover will have it's place and I will continue to support the development of Crossover :)

Simon Brennan wrote:

I was quite happy this morning to see this article on the Linux Mag
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7726/2/

"Commercial Gaming, Coming Soon to Linux?"

With the Steam and Valve Source Games coming to Mac and with rumours
flying about Linux being next, it would be nice to think
that Linux may finally be recognised by large gaming companies as a
platform for gaming.
I still believe that Crossover will have it's place and I will
continue to support the development of Crossover :)

Would be nice to see Linux join the group as well. Only problem I see is the support for drivers on Linux isn't the greatest, but if more official gaming is to come to Linux like Source, it will improve the support a lot better and more stable as well. I think the main reason right now is that Linux doesn't have the huge gaming support like Windows or Mac has without needing to run something like Crossover or something else to make game's work.

Anyways my point being, this would make a big hit for Linux and more support come across for it. I really enjoyed Linux, and seeing more support come to it, will make be run it along side windows again.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicUtWNnB2ZFFaeFNkeGF2TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9