Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam was working fine? But now PROBLEMS

I am running an iMac intel core duo late 2007 with no additions or modifications, just original Mac OS X 10.4

CrossOver is brilliant, works fine, its the 8.0.3 edition of CrossOver Mac Standard. I downloaded steam and had it working for ages, I was playing Portal not so long ago, had 4 or 5 crashes with the iMac restarting itself and after the last one occurred, Steam disappeared without a trace and no when resinstalling, first it loaded up then quit almost straight away, now it just sits in the dock as idle as a dead gold fish.

Can anyone help me, have basic experience of terminal so if you wish me to help you to help me then please post commands or scripts you wish me to run in your threads

Thanks very much for all help given, hope I can play online again soon.

Hey there.

Is it possible Steam tried updating to the latest version? The latest version of Steam is not supported by Crossover 8.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzlRV1pLbTl2bUhOZnBBdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9