Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver "Impersonator" (10) broke Steam.

I just upgraded to CrossOver 10 from CrossOver 9. After the conversion, I'm seeing two new problems, in my "Steam"-bottle.

A) No "Applications" is found in the CrossOver "Manage Bottles" tool. The "Control Panel" is limited to "NVIDIA PhysX", there used to be more entries there. The status remains "scanning" forever, and the Applications-list remains empty.

In the terminal I get this error repeated a few times:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cxgames/bin/cxsetup", line 656, in updateBottleStatus
self.updateControlPanelTab()
File "/opt/cxgames/bin/cxsetup", line 450, in updateControlPanelTab
pixbuf = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(iconpath)
glib.GError: Bildfilen "/opt/cxgames/share/icons/" innehåller inga data # Loose translation: Image-file X contains no data.

B) The Steam-Icon in the systray of my Fluxbox installation broke. There is now no Icon rendered, but space reserved where the icon should be. Clicking the empty space does not yield a menu.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Hi,

Yes, I'm seeing that was well, a few others too. It has something to do with the Nvidia Phyx installation, exactly what though I am unsure. The issue does have a ticket on it though, so the guess is it's being looked into. I haven't been able to find and remedy to the problem when it manifests itself either worst luck ;-/

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicW1heDRlWG5hZUZ0cUV6SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9