Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Noob problem steam account

So today I decided to install steam, and since I don't remember my pevious account password I decided to make a new one,but I encoutered a little,almost meaningless problem: I can't type a @ when it asks for my email :S even copy-paste wont work, how can I solve this?

I seem to remember having had the same problem.
I believe to have solved this by switching to a US keyboard layout. So, if you don't use a US layout at the moment, try switching to it and then try again (the @ will be SHIFT 2 then).

On a Mac, on some keyboard layouts, the @ sign can only be accessed using the Option (Alt) key. In CrossOver, the Option key can be configured to access additional characters or it can be configured to send the Alt keystroke to the Windows program. You choose how you would like it to work on the Keyboard and Mouse tab of CrossOver's preferences window. So, the problem may have been due to this setting.

If you're still having this problem, try copying and pasting it in again. However, remember to use command-c when copying (with a native Mac app) and ctrl-v (after all, you're emulating a Windows app) when pasting it in or it won't work. I'm not ure about it, but it jut might do the trick.

Oh, I jut realized I'm assuming you're using a Mac. If you're using Linux, ignore this.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia1UycktKR0x2QkVoN0M0ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9