Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Dock Icon

Hi all,

When using steam in crossover games I found that the icon for steam in the dock was all pixelated so I got this .icns of a steam icon, which looks great in the dock:

http://rapidshare.com/files/264282954/CrossOverHelper.icns

If you want to know how to apply it to your steam application then here's how to:

1. Right-click your steam icon in the dock, and click show in finder

2. Right-click the steam icon, then click Show Package Contents

3. then click through Contents/Resources/

4. You will see something that is called "CrossOverHelper.icns" back that up by either moving it to another folder or changing the file name to "CrossOverHelper2.icns"

5. Then move the the downloaded .icns file which should be named "CrossOverHelper.icns" to that same folder

6. Then exit everything and it should all look sweet! if it doesn't try just removing the dock icon and putting it back in

cheers

Oooo nice, this is a lot clearer and easy to set up. Simply placing the file in, restarting CrossOver Games, and removing and adding Steam to my dock worked fine.

Thanks! :D

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTmJtQ1gzdk16eWd5Q3E4WCIsImdkcHIiOjB9