Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Orange Box Games: Window Size Question

Okay, technically this is an Orange Box question, not a Steam question. Or maybe it'll work for anything using Source, I dunno. But sorry I put it here, it's just the Orange Box forum is inactive and it's not a question for a specific game.

Anyways, I saw a screenshot of someone running one of the Orange Box games (I'm assuming that all the Orange Box games could do this) windowed, but so that the window is as large as possible. I would love to figure out how to do this myself so I could multitask while waiting for TF2 to load without getting a small gameplay window. :D

Help, please? Sorry if thi is already mentioned somewhere, I couldn't find information on this.

Most games will have an option to play a game in windowed mode, this will appear either as a video option labeled as windowed that you have to turn on, or a full screen option you have to turn off. To change how large the window is, change the resolution you are using. Smaller resolutions mean a smaller window, whereas larger resolutions mean a larger window. Also, make sure to use a 16:10 aspect ratio if you have a wide screen monitor, and a 4:3 aspect ratio if you have a regular screen. To activate windowed mode from the command line you can also add -sw as a launch option to TF2, or -windowed should also work.

Ohhh, thank you!
I didn't realize I'd get more resolution options after changing my aspect ratio. That was pretty stupid. xD

it's -window not -windowed

Oh, ok, thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFl0Q2NOdHZkckU0d1ZGRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9