Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse question and bluetooth issue.

Hey, well I am going to purchase a gaming mouse because my Macbook has good enough specs for some gaming. I need a mouse that I can adjust the dpi on and a good enough mouse to work on my polished wood desk. Solution? A wireless gaming mouse thinking of the Logitech Mx518 or Logitech G5 (still haven't made up my mind). I did my research and all the buttons and features (dpi adjustment) will work with a program called SteerMouse. Now my concern is that when I open Steam (in Crossover Games) that these settings will not save, work or be compatible with it.

My reason for this concern is because of my lovely Bluetooth mic I bought which was suppose to be used so there would be no echo when I'm playing Counter Strike. I did all the required Mac setup for it and it works fine because I have tested it by listening to my iTunes and the voice seems to work in settings. I also tested the mic on Skype but I needed to change my input and output. So no issue with the mic but when I was in Counter Strike and trying to talk to my friend for half hour and wonder why he wasn't responding I decided to go into the CounterStrike settings and pressed test mic. My voice was not being detected. Is there a way to fix this

I had to fiddle with the registry in the Bottle to get my USB microphone working.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Wine/Misc

Those are the instructions for WOW, but I got it working in TF2 using those instructions.
Unfortunately, most of the instructions are for Linux, but the part about editing the Wine registry might help with your Mac setup.
Remember to backup your registry files before fiddling :p

tim wrote:

Hey, well I am going to purchase a gaming mouse because my Macbook
has good enough specs for some gaming. I need a mouse that I can
adjust the dpi on and a good enough mouse to work on my polished
wood desk. Solution? A wireless gaming mouse thinking of the
Logitech Mx518 or Logitech G5 (still haven't made up my mind). I did
my research and all the buttons and features (dpi adjustment) will
work with a program called SteerMouse. Now my concern is that when I
open Steam (in Crossover Games) that these settings will not save,
work or be compatible with it.

My reason for this concern is because of my lovely Bluetooth mic I
bought which was suppose to be used so there would be no echo when
I'm playing Counter Strike. I did all the required Mac setup for it
and it works fine because I have tested it by listening to my iTunes
and the voice seems to work in settings. I also tested the mic on
Skype but I needed to change my input and output. So no issue with
the mic but when I was in Counter Strike and trying to talk to my
friend for half hour and wonder why he wasn't responding I decided
to go into the CounterStrike settings and pressed test mic. My voice
was not being detected. Is there a way to fix this

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXlkTm5ta0tFclBjdkxQZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9