Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Toaster Notifications Under Dock (Mac OS)

I'm running Leopard on a Macbook Pro, and I get Steam notifications, but they always go behind my dock, and I can see that I have a notification, but I can't read the lower half of it. Has anyone figured out a way to either move them or place them over the dock? And there's no way to send notifications to growl, is there?

Please don't tell me to move, resize, or hide my dock, I don't want to.

I honestly don't think that's possible since steam notification are not customizable. Maybe threw making a custom steam skin but i don't think you can move there. It would be nice to get steam notification via growl instead, but that seems like it'd be a hack.

Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like?

erifneerg wrote:

I honestly don't think that's possible since steam notification are
not customizable. Maybe threw making a custom steam skin but i don't
think you can move there. It would be nice to get steam notification
via growl instead, but that seems like it'd be a hack.

Oh, that sucks. :|
I agree.
But would it maybe be possible to hack it so that the notifications would be the same and in the same place, except they'd just appear OVER the dock?

Samuel Bell wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like?

Using a virtual desktop might allow you some more freedom in where the notifications appear, other than that I don't have any ideas.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMzNSOHNLSDh2YWNGQUtDMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9