Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How you can help

Hi Folks,

Say, we could use help with support for Steam. First, we could really use
help in getting the word out that we support Steam and Half Life 2; it seems
that most folks just don't know.

Second, we're interested in solving any issues that arise; so please open
tickets on any problems with those applications.

Third, if you're a customer, you can vote for any application (e.g. Steam)
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=206;vote=1
and if you're not, you can pledge instead:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=206;pledge=1

We generally drive our development by what folks tell us; so far, we've
been disappointed that folks don't seem interested in game support.

We're planning on attacking a new set of games this summer, but we could use
some help prioritizing...

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hey,

I've actually gotten a couple of my friends to play with CrossOver - they like it. Especially since it works just fine with a lot of Steam games (I got one complaint because Peggle Deluxe didn't work... :P).

As far as voting goes, if I had multiple votes, I would vote for all of the games that almost work for me.

Thanks for your hard work! :)

P.S. I really want games to work! CrossOver/Wine excels in almost every other area (compared to [your competitor's product name here]), and I'm tired of paying their subscription fees. And over all, CrossOver/Wine is better. You have working Windows Installer support first of all.. :P

:) Well, If I may suggest, I really would love to see Bioshock running. I tried the demo via Steam but after selecting to launch, it goes through the boxes asking for permission and explaining that the game is starting up, but the game never actually begins. I would happily be a guinea pig for this one if it helps to get the game running.
I'll be trying some settings tweaks a bit later today if I can, and report back with what happened.

Since I don't have the official game and only the demo downloaded via Steam, I suppose I should post here instead of on http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/company/?app_id=3497

:D

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZTRHN1M0TUhMeVlQbllLZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9