Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cant Download Steam

I have the latest version of crossover, but when ever I download steam from the website it appears as a blank page on my mac and dosent open with crossover at all, can some1 post the download for me or help me out?

Here's a download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1548658/SteamInstall.msi

I'm hosting this for you, so please tell me when you're done using it so I can take it off.

I clicked it but the samething happens it dosent dl through crossover.

Ohhhh that's right, you can install it via CrossOver. Silly me. So that's not working for you? That's weird. :|
Can you install it through the link I gave you though? Try downloading the file and directing the install wizard to that file.

Yea I tried that I found one working link, but when I click Yes, I agree to the terms nothing happens

Dang, that sucks. :|
Have you tried it in newer/older versions of CrossOver?

I think I have the latest version

You mean 8.0? Or 8.1 beta? Please check.

Ok, I'll check now, but do you have AIM,MSN, or Yahoo?

I have AIM and MSN. I have a Yahoo account but I don't really use it.

Ok, I have version 8.0 and add me on AIM sn is Topshnap or MSN at ginitachi@hotmail.com

I added you on both.

Did you try installing Steam via the install applications dialog? Open CrossOver Games, go to Configure->Install Software and select "Steam via Donwload" from the list. CrossOver should download Steam and a number of runtime installs some games need and set everything up for you. This is the recommended way since that way no mime type associations can interfere with the installation. It is possible that on your machine some other Mac application claims to handle .msi files and is confused by the Microsoft Installer that the steam install is.

WOW I completely missed that, Im trying it now

Thank You very much it works :)

1 to 15 of 15

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3liblRIcm5DYVVZQzJVZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9