Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

error dxdllreg.exe when loading steam

every time i try to load steam i get an error window saying that "the program dxdllreg.exe has encountered serious problem..." any ideas this was working fine till i installed i think it was Prince of Persia 2 thrones...

steam loads its just anoying getting that msg everytime,
and its with crossover 8.0.0 and the latest release candidate so i belive its specific to the steam bottle.

hello Luis

Since you are an adovcate...why dont you try the newer releases ..in the beta..?
well..another thing you could try is to create a new bottle and reinstalling steam ..and move the gcf games fiels from the prev bottle ..
this could ensure the error isnt bottle/ wineprefix related..

i did try the beta candidates that were released, and the latest 8.1 release, same thing, i know its an issue with the bottle just wanted to know if there was anyway to salvage it without resorting to making a new one, but i guess not :P

since its a steam game , you can salvage most of it by backing up the gcf files steamapp folders

If you backup the steamapps folder in its entirety everything except your steam settings will be saved. I do this every time because downloading almost 30 GB with each new release is time consuming, and I have 15 Mbps internet, for the average user it is pretty much out of the question.

awsome guys i backed up and recreated the bottle, seems my little problem is gone completely, i just absolutely love crossover jejej

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieDdCRXY3Z0JlZ2tyWUNjVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9