Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam scrolling and other issues

Crossover Games 8.1.3

2 issues

1- I have this problem with scrolling on Steam. Each time I scroll down on a Steam window it automatically re-scrolls back to top of the page. I even tried with a mouse other than my laptop's trackpad and it still occurs.

2- Another problem is that sometimes when i click on a tab or a menu item nothing happens so I have to click somewhere around or on top of that tab or menu item, basically when i click on an object nothing happens, so i'll have to click around it somewhere to get it to work.

I suppose these are some UI problems, I hope this can be resolved soon. Thank you all.

EDIT:

Could this have anything to do with what Steam skin I'm using? I'm using the Flat-Obsidian skin (not the default)

I'm experiencing these same issues on CXG 8.1.3 with Mac OS X 10.5.8. I've had the scrolling issue for several releases now but I'm also now having the issue with clicking on a tab or menu item as well.

Very strange... Steam ran fine on v. 7.1.1 that I got during the Lame Duck giveaway but now that I have purchased and upgraded to a full version it glitches, will not let me scroll, etc. I love this software, but Steam is an incredibly important application to have running smoothly. I am on an Intel MacBook, running Mac OS X 10.5.8.

I get this too.

Crossover Games 8.0
Debian Lenny

I have had problems with steam scrolling for as long as I can remember using it (several crossover releases). The best suggestion I can make is to enlarge your steam window so that scrolling is not necessary as often. Also do steam community, and store work in firefox, as it is plagued with errors within steam. If it becomes a major source of aggravation submit a support ticket, the more tickets they get the more likely they are to look at a problem.

indeed scrolling has been an issue for ages, theres no way to get around it just yet. the problem is that theres 2 sets of scroll bars and it goes a little crazy, steam has one set and crossover adds a second set as i understand.

Now that a number of u have these same 2 issues, someone should submit a ticket. I already submitted one and I'm not sure what the limit of submitting tickets is, if any. But anyway, the only solution I've come across is to basically restart Steam or sometimes Crossover entirely, and it becomes a pain.

as i stated before this has been an issue for some time now, theres a few tickets already open for this, with status still pending, you can take a look at it at

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=765372;s_subject=steam;search=Submit%20Search;s_parent=1

please always check it tickets already exist and the status they have, no need in making 10x tickets for the same issue if its already being handled 😎

Thanks for the link, but it appears as though the person handling the support hasn't come back with proper solution, nor has the newer versions of Crossover :s, oh well never mind, main concern for me is getting Zombie panic source and l4d2 up and running

The staff told me when I was asking about Serious Sam HD that its alright if multiple people submit the same ticket, and that it may improve the odds of an issue being addressed.

ah my mistake i thought i read somewhere that it didnt help, carry on :P

Its possible both are true.

Hi,

There was a Steam client update today (Jan 20) which seems to have resolved
this scrolling business with the Steam GUI - can anyone else confirm?

Cheers!

Yes, I can confirm that updating my Steam client fixed the problem. This is good news.

Same, just pulled the latest Steam client and its happy on my Macbook 10.6.2 and Crossover Games 8.1.4.

Can confirm the scrolling problem is fixed on Crossover Games 8.1.4 under Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64.

:)

I can confirm that the scrolling problem on steam, are fix on Crossover 8,1,4 on mac.

Seems to be working quite well for me as well on mac in 8.1.4

1 to 18 of 18

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGRVbVc5ZWtra0NZM1ZncCIsImdkcHIiOjB9