Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam taking too long to startup + other issues...

I'm having issues with Steam ever since the Feb 4th update of Steam, it's just taking too long to load as opposed to previously. I'm running the latest CXG 8.1.4, Mac OSX 10.6.2, Intel 2.53Ghz RAM 4GB @ 1066Mhz, Nvidia GPU 9400M 256MB. And n addition to that, the games are taking too long to load as opposed to before. I'm playing games like L4D2, Zombie Panic: Source, Counter-Strike: Source. Note: ALL games are running in window mode (not full-screen) to boost performance, low graphics, no shadows, etc. Not only that, but when i try to start a L4D2 online campaign, the game just freezes and has a glitchy repetition of sound and fails to respond for long periods of time until i force-quit CrossOver Games. It's really frustrating because the Installation # errors have been solved but now something else has come out of nowhere. Note: I'm not running ANY programs in the background or at startup. Tried restarting, shutting down my laptop, verified games integrity, defrag, etc. no improvement. Any help would GREATLY be appreciated. Haven't submitted a ticket because I dont know the gravity of this situation...

EDIT:

nevermind the game crashes, seems that the issue has resolved itself, apparently. But my issue with Steam and the games taking too damn long to load still stands. I have to wait at least 1.5-2mins before the app is up and running, and 30secs-1min before the game is working as opposed to before when it used to take a mere 15-30secs of load time. Load time has more than just doubled.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZTVMeWhNZHJwOGROdVpWdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9