Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Crash Flash

Hey guys, I'm running Arch Linux x86_64 right now and got CXgames installed along with steam. It seems to be working fine, however when I go to a page on steam with lots of flash content (a video) it crashes. Odd it doesn't do it on the main page... So Fallout New Vegas, it crashes, Alien Swarm, it crashes. Instantly without any error. Any ideas?

hello fellow Arch Linux user 😋

i am also on Arch Linux X86_64 😀

But in any case , have you enabled the Arch Linux multilib repository ?

Also , it would be good if you could run a debug of steam :) its much easier to run a debug now..with the gui providing the option for a debug..

Edit: Steam does not crash on me when visiting pages such as Alien swarm on the steam browser

Hi James
Could you let us know the version of Arch and the version of CXGames you are running? (I guess the latest CXGames?)

I installed the latest CXGames on my Fedora 13 x86_64 desktop at home and steam appeared to run fine with the Flash on the store pages etc. I haven't tried playing a movie though, I'll give that a try and see if I have a similar problem.

Arch linux has no specific version as it is a rolling distro....

Sam! wrote:

Arch linux has no specific version as it is a rolling distro....

Ah ok. I thought it used release dates as "versions". Ignore that then.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZktIU0hlcHVQbW1hdnhTUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9