Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't type in password

The first time I ran steam it worked great, and I could login and get to halflife.

Now, after I've rebooted, when I try to run steam it seems to work, except when I try to type something the text ends up going to the wrong window (whatever window I had open before rather than steam.) The end result is that I can't enter in my password.

This seems like a trivial thing that broke, and there might be a config option I can set somewhere to fix it. Ideas?

Hi,

Click on your account name first and then right click where
your password goes. You should see a [Paste] box pop up.
click on it and you can now enter your password.

Tom

This fix doesn't seem to work for me... I'm running Fedora Core 4, CXOffice 4.2.0.

I know this is like a couple years after the post. But for anyone that finds a similar issue like this like I did, I found opening OpenOffice allowed me to type in my username and password on Steam. It's worth a try.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRU00d3ZWQlhMOG5MQ0Z1VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9