Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Exposé

I'm not sure if this is supportable, but what're the chances that a future release will support Exposé properly? At the moment, whenever I hit the button Steam (and whatevers running) just vanish.

(and if I'm missing something and this actually works somehow, well, that'd be great too 😋 )

This is a tricky interaction with quartz_wm from Apple. This is a binary-only application for managing X11 windows, so we cannot look into it how it works. We are working with Apple on solving this issue, since it is very annoying for us as well.

A workaround is to close the Steam window after the first start without exiting Steam, then reopen it by launching Steam again. That this workaround works doesn't have any particular reason, I think that Steam just behaves differently if the window is reopened.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ0d3U1JndXFoWHhKc0xydCIsImdkcHIiOjB9