Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Back to 0%?

Okay, in the 'My Games' tab of my Steam account, I have downloaded (and have run several times each) Portal, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, and the Half-Life 2 Demo. I haven't used CrossOver Games in a few days. I booted it up just now, opened Steam, and went to 'My Games', to find that while the Half-Life 2 Demo is still fully downloaded and ready at 100%, Portal, Team Fortress 2, and Garry's Mod read 'Downloading: 0%', regardless of the fact that they're not actually downloading. What's going on?

This happens in windows as well -- launching the game should quickly download a very small update (or just check your last update) and the 0% should go away.

I have seen that myself as well, and I think it is a Steam bug, rather than a CrossOver issue, but I have no evidence to back that claim. What tends to help is just double-click them to run them, or to right click, pause the uploading, re-enable downloading.

I think this problem occurs if Steam has problems connecting to the Steam servers while it tries to find updates.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicDNaQndmOEdNTHJXd1dFWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9