Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam messages causes games to be minimized and then crash

I'll get messages via steam from friends who want to chat or friend requests while I'm in game which will cause the current game I'm playing to minimize to the dock and thus requiring me to bring up the task manager to close it. Maximizing it from the dock just causes the game to hang for about a minute and results in the viewable screen being resized to about a 80x80 window.

I'm running the game (in this case, TF2) at full screen on my iMac and Macbook pro both running the latest version of Leopard. This didn't occur on CrossOver Games 7 but has started occurring when I upgraded to 7.1. Any help to get the messages to stay in the background when they popup while in game would be helpful.

Thanks!

Can you submit a support ticket so that we track this issue and look further into it? If you cannot, can you send an email to info@codeweavers.com and we will make certain it gets to the proper place.

Thank you!

Same happening here, is there anything I can do to help you debug this?

this is a bug with steam and crossover as the ingame overlay does not work yet.
best way is to disable steam friends list while playing..appear offline
ya

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEVZMldBaFA3ZHVBUUhIcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9