Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error for TFC

Running CrossOver for Mac, Steam installed just fine, and runs OK, albeit a little slow.

However, when I try to run TFC, it gives me this error when I try to connect to a game: "Your version does not match the servers."

Any ideas?

Matthew

Same thing under the new release (CrossOver 6.0 Beta 2).

I can open steam, and TFC runs fine, but if you try to connect to a game, it gives you the error. However, you can start your own game and run around in-game... by yourself...

Matthew

This is a known issue and it is something we are looking into.

Whatever version of CrossOver I use steam fails it's initial update after 26%.

Any ideas would be gratefully received. Go easy on me I'm new to this.

Many thanks,
Ashley

edit - Sorry this was supposed to be a new thread. Long day.

Well, it just so happens that I was looking at a Wiki for CS for Wine the other day, and it mentioned the 26% problem.
http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=HOWTO+Steam&back=HOWTO+INDEX+Wine+Games
Go down to Section 7: Troubleshooting where it mentions the 26% problem... as to how to solve it, I do not understand a word that they say!

Matthew

I'll have a look. Many thanks.

OK this is probably a stupid question but how to I run the CrossOver equivalent to 'wine SteamTmp.exe SelfUpdate "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" 14'.

I tried to just add 'SelfUpdate "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" 14' to the end of the SteamTmp.exe it the 'Run a Windows Command' utility but it failed. It also changed my string to '
"\"/home/ashley/.cxoffice/Unsupported/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/SteamTmp.exe SelfUpdate \"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe\" 14\""'

I think it is upset by my use of quotes?

Again, many thanks.

I ran that command like this:

First launch a command prompt, then Change into the directory you installed steam into (By default its in a sub folder in your home folder).

Second run this command: Path_you_installed_cxinto/bin/wine SteamTmp.exe SelfUpdate "Steam.exe" 14

This worked for me on a kubuntu 6.06.1 system.

Well, I am happy to say: IT IS FIXED! Wee, it is so much fun playing TFC on my Mac in OS X!

My only question now is: how do I set up my Belkin speed pad to work? They have no drivers for OS X...

Matthew

Many thanks for this. It worked.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUd0TWU2YU1oZWt4Sk5hVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9