Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New steam shopping cart, unable to make purchases?

Hi

I'm not sure if I'm duplicating an already known issue, but with the recent steam update they introduced a "steam cart".
I'm not able to purchase anything at the moment. I get all the way to the check out where you enter credit card details and it returns
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I'm not able to boot into Windows to confirm if this is Crossover Games or a Steam technical issue.

Is anyone else seeing a problem? I know the MAC guys reported a problem with the store html, but my problem seems different?

Specs:
Ubuntu 8.04.1 x86
2.6.24-21-generic #1
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia 9600GT (177.80)

The new cart has nothing to do with the actual client - it's all processed through the site, which points to a issue with the web plugin. The best way to make purchases now is to logon to www.steampowered.com and make your purchase with FireFox or your preferred browser. Restarting Steam should let you download your game.

Ah, Grazie Signore.
I'll use Firefox.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ2tybmt5UFllVExoWlhFcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9