Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Firefox Steam URL Hack

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=433548
Is there a way to get this to work in Crossover and Mac OS X. I even want it in safari.

We're working on that. It should work in the nightly builds.

Update: It should 'just work' by installing crossover and steam, you don't have to edit any other magic. Maybe you'll have to tell crossover to regenerate the menu because the magic is in the Steam.app fake mac app; It has a note in it that tells MacOS to open steam:// links with it.

I haven't used the nightlies lately cause they seem to break the Source Engine altogether. But thats a post for another forum. I'd like to see the line between crossover and mac OS X get smaller and integrate crossover into Mac OS X very tightly, something like Classic mode back in the days of PPC processors and the transition to Mac OS X.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlVHdm5MdFJ5TlNzaEZFdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9