Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Drop Down Menu Issue

Many drop down menus in the application will not allow you to select items at the bottom of the list without disappearing. For example in steam friends if you try to select the small arrow by a friend and choose join game from the options, it will disappear before you can reach that option.

This problem appears to show itself on any menu where there is an item that is in light gray text indicating that it cannot be selected. The menu turns off whenever the mouse moves over one of these options, regardless of whether or not there are options below it.

i have also encountered that problem, what i do to fix that is I just right-click and then go around the grayed-out area to the bottom of the menu, if you know what i mean

Yeah, this happens to me sometimes, too. I found that clicking the menu, using the arrow keys to navigate it, and using the return key instead of clicking a menu item worked fine for me.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVpGU21ndVNQc1ZIeFZVZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9